Discover what makes Northern Edge cool:
South River, Ontario – Northern Edge eco lodge sits on the shore of Kawawaymog Lake, nudging popular Algonquin Park, just a short drive from South River.The Algonquin Park award-winning nature retreat, with its 26 solar panels, is an oasis from this hyper-connected world, where you can practice no-trace camping hiking and paddling in Canada’s oldest provincial park, which is one and half times the size of Prince Edward Island! A variety of year-round Algonquin Park experiences and packages that cater to a wide range of interests are available.
- Moose Safaris
- Yoga Retreats
- Wolf Howls
- Local craft ales from Highlander Brewery in South River
- Wines made by co-founder Martha Lucier’s family at Viewpointe Estates Winery
- Stay in a century old log cabin, recycled and rebuilt here at Algonquin Park.
- Taste the difference in fresh organic grains and preserves, locally raised meat, organically grown fair trade coffee and home grown vegetables.
- Enjoy hot showers and use our energy efficient lights powered by the sun shining on our 26 solar panels producing 2.8 kW of power
- Walk on our boardwalk made of 100 % recycled plastic.
- Meet local facilitators, support staff and Algonquin Park canoe guides who walk gently on the earth and invite you to do the same.
Learn more, visit NorthernEdgeAlgonquin.com
Canada Cool very much appreciates the support of our sponsors who have helped to make Canada’s Coolest Map possible.
Chemical Road, Nipissing, Unorganized, South Part, ON P0A, Canada